Wednesday, April 27, 2011

If I had a girl...

I have always wanted to do a little girl's nursery. I am constantly thinking of design ideas. So I got to thinking, why not blog about it? I have decided to post pictures of what I love and hope you can envision it like I can until I get Photoshop and learn how to work it. Anyway, this room is one I would do if I had a little girl. Simple, clean damask bedding to start. For the fitted sheet I would choose a pinstriped pattern in a purple just like this or a green that matches the cabinet or even a cream pinstripe . I think starting with a piece you really love helps you pull the room together. Find something you love and build on it! For this room my inspiration is the bedding....and the cabinet.
I would then pick the paint colors next. Cream on the ceiling and a hint of purple in the white paint on the walls. Keeping the crown moulding white.

Next would be the cabinet and rocker. I love this green cabinet. This piece can be bought finished but I think I would like to search some thrift shops and find something similar and finish it in the green myself. It is easier to make it more or less rustic this way and add detail. I like the jewel drawer pulls but I think I would go with something a little more noticeable. I would pick a chair rocker and upholster it in the damask fabric (like the bumper) and add some other pops with some fun pillows.
I picked this crib because I love the retro look to it. (Robbie hates it, but it will grow on him.) It will look beautiful with a white sheer canopy draped around it. It will blend well with all of the exciting fabric around it. A solid cream rug will define the crib area. The floors would be a dark brown wood. I would then add a chandelier for the light fixture and a lamp for the side table. I want to post images of all of these things but I am having a hard time arraigning things in Blogger. Hopefully next time I can work it better. Here are a few more accessory pictures to help.







I would simplify the canopy a little more, it could easily be made. The frames would make a great collage with new baby pictures in them. You could find frames like these at a thrift store and finish them yourself to save on money. Don't forget the chandelier! I hope you have been able to see my ideas and get a feel for this room!






4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great would that room look?!?!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled that you are blogging your creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I love the bedding! To die for!

    ReplyDelete