These are the cabinets I would choose for my kitchen. I love white kitchens. However I have a bunch of changes I would make to this picture. First, this kitchen has a huge mistake and it happens way to often. The island is cutting off the work triangle. Your work triangle is an imaginary line from your sink to the stove and from the stove to the fridge, and from the fridge to the sink. The island is in the middle of this! You don't want anything cutting off this triangle. You should also keep the distance from each work area to 9ft or less (NKBA standards). So 9ft from your sink to your stove(cook top). I would pick up the island, turn it and move it towards us.I would then change the color of the island to a dark espresso and keep
the light counter top on it. I would then make the counter tops on the white cabinets dark. I would have shown samples of my counter top but it is difficult to find pictures of just the right one. There are not many pictures for counter tops out there, they are more of a showroom item.This kitchen desperately needs a back splash. I have picked a very fun modern tile to balance all of the traditional finishes. I would pick a different bar stool also. The stools in the picture are great, but not what I would choose. I would also choose a different drawer pull and knobs. Flooring would be a dark hardwood that is throughout my home already.
Honestly
I think kitchens are easy. If you have a great work triangle to start with all you need to do is pick fixtures. Kitchen fixtures are fairly permanent so pick something you can live with for a long time. It is hard finding picture samples. I hope you can see this one. I have a lot of neutral colors. I plan on adding color through the accessories below. LOVE the plates and dish towels!





No comments:
Post a Comment